Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fun Travels, Good to be Home

It is so fun to see your friends in a new light. I just returned from a visit to Texas to see dear friends and their daughter. It was a wonder to see them confidently handle her and her needs. They weathered her first illness like pros. They provided comfort, knew what she needed and when- they are simply her mommy and daddy. What a joy to watch them in their new role!

Their daughter is beyond description. She is delightful- like joy embodied. She is strong, self-possessed, watchful. She adores her family- GrammaFun and AuntSilly- and looks to Mommy and Daddy for comfort. She's tall and has a healthy appetite. She is wonderful, a blessing, a joy.

Last night when I arrived home, three boys snuggled in my bed with me. Everyone had something to say to me, even Gray ("Mommy, Mommy, pretty, pretty"- ah, music to my ears!). This morning when I came downstairs after getting ready Gray ran over to me in his little footed pajamas, greeting me with hugs. I missed those boys so much while I was in Texas! The boys were disappointed to hear that I have to work when they have the day off from school (me, too). E was already asking Dad what the plan was for the day (that's my boy). It's good to be home.

1 comment:

  1. We loved having you here. The baby is doing much, much better - she even went to the grocery store today to look at all the pretty fruits and vegetables.

    Hugs -
    The new mom in town

    ReplyDelete