Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2 a.m. in my bed

E: "Mom? Mom! Dad said I could sleep in here."

Me: "Ok"

E: "I'm just going to the bathroom. I'll be back. Dad said I could sleep in here." He pads off to my private bathroom, the one that is supposed to be free from boy tinkle. When he is finished, he won't turn the light off because it is too scary, but pulls the door almost closed. Back in bed.

E: "I love you, Mom."

Me: "Love you, too, buddy. Let's get some sleep."

E: "I got a GI Joe today."

Me: "I can't wait to see it in the morning."

E: "Yeah, he's super cool. Did you work late?"

Me: "Yep. Let's get some sleep now."

E: "Dad said I could sleep here."

Me: "I know. Don't worry about it. I'm happy to see you. We'll talk in the morning."

And this morning at 4 a.m. we resumed our conversation, and then again at 7. Lots to catch up on.

1 comment:

  1. Awww. That's very sweet but I bet you're pretty sleepy.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete