Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Everything's Better with Waffles

The morning is my favorite time of day. The day holds such promise.

This morning I rolled over in bed (my bed that is) to see both Jax and Ethan sleeping peacefully and checked the time- 7:58. That is 2 minutes before we should be getting in the car to head out to school and work. I woke everyone, Jax had a meltdown about being late and informed us he was too sick to go to school. E took the opportunity to torture his brother by touching him, yes that can be torture when you are in the middle of a meltdown. I skipped the shower even though I needed one and knew I wouldn't be back home until 10 p.m. E tortured Jax some more.

Frankie made the kids a sit down breakfast because E insists on it. And Frankie thought to capture Gray eating waffles because it was too cute to pass up.

We finally piled in the car at 8:45 (15 min. after school had begun) only to find the main thoroughfare to school closed. We sat in the detour for almost an hour- school is 5-7 min from our house. During that time, Jax ticked off the events he missed- group time, geography... E rolled his window down and called to passersby- do you know where we are?

After dropping off the kids, I went straight to my 10 o'clock appointment without going to the office first.

But when a day starts with a little boy loving waffles this much, how can it be bad? (Though I have to laugh- you'd think from this blog that Gray does nothing but eat! Ok, he does eat a lot.)






No comments:

Post a Comment